In the states of Indiana and Ohio, more than 658,000 residents own a motorcycle. To successfully meet their needs, we offer our customers policies to rely on here at Scott Lynch Agency. We are also able to customize your policy to fit your own needs better. We assess your unique situation and let you know what we recommend. Allow us to do the work for you.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
Please be aware of the insurance requirements for motorcycles that all owners must abide by. The minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance in Indiana are:
- Bodily injury coverage per person of $25,000
- Bodily injury coverage per accident of $50,000
- Property damage coverage per accident of $10,000
Helmets, eye protection, a license, and headlights are also required by law in Indiana. All riders under the age of 18 are required to wear eye protection. Helmets are required for all riders under the age of 18 also. Headlights must be in use at all times.
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
While the liability requirements for Indiana may be an improvement over other states, it is still highly recommended to obtain more coverage that will fully protect you and your investment. We recommend any of the following:
- Collision - This will cover your bike if involved in an accident with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive - This will cover damages caused to your bike from things like fire, vandalism, theft, flooding, or even animal strikes.
- Medical payments - This will cover the costs of your medical co-payments, prescription drugs, and other healthcare-related deductibles resulting from an accident.
- Roadside assistance - This will cover the costs of towing services if your bike experiences a mechanical breakdown or requires any other emergency attention.
- Accessory coverage - This will cover the costs of physical damage to the customized parts on your bike, including paint and equipment.
The best way to obtain a quote from us is by visiting our Scott Lynch Agency office. We serve all residents in Indiana and Ohio, we are happy to help you.